Matthew 3
This chapter has much to do with our journey through life, well it speaks to me about my journey thus far. John says to prepare the way of the Lord and to make straight His paths.
It is only at this point in my life that I have been sorrily mistaken about what I have been doing with my faith. I mean God sent His only son to die for me so that He could keep me with him forever. He also sent John to teach us about baptism. You see it's only when we come clean that we can be with Him. We have to come clean about everything that we are and that we do. Even Jesus went to get clean, after that God points Him out to us saying "This my son the beloved, in whom I am well pleased."
I try to come clean all the time. I don't always feel clean, I mean the things from my past make me very ashamed. I try though.
Make straight His paths? What paths? This is not our path to God but His path to us. We make it so complicated for Him to find us. He searches and searches and we just keep hiding or misdirecting Him. He knows we are not perfect, but yet He seeks us out. People don't find God He finds them. Every time we sin we make His path a little more crooked. From today on I'm going to try to straighten that path for Him.
I believe that Christmas is our time for redemption. Our time to kneel at the manger and give the gift of our self to Jesus. We are why He came. He came to receive us, and when He died and rose from the dead He told us that we could return home to our Father. We are no longer separated from our home.
Let's try to clean up our acts and to straighten His path. The easier it is for Him to get to us the easier our life can be. He came to help and lighten our load. I don't know about you but I am all for a lighter load. I also will be trying to lighten the load of my fellow man, by showing Jesus to them. By what I do and say everyday.
